- Arrive on time (not too early!) and let us know asap if you have been delayed or need to cancel. We fully understand that things can change quickly, but it really helps us and our volunteers if you keep us informed.
- Please do not hang around after your session has finished. It upsets all our Child Protection, Confidentiality, Health and Safety, and scheduling processes.
- If you are bringing somebody for a Therapeutic Horse-riding session, make sure they are wearing stretchy pants. Jeans etc restrict movement and can be uncomfortable for the rider.
- If you’re bringing siblings or friends to an individual session, please keep them quiet and safe. The person involved in the session cannot get full benefit if they are distracted. Also, please bear in mind that not every animal in the yard likes to be approached or petted and we cannot provide supervision while we’re working. Play it safe!
- Unless the person you have brought really needs you to be involved – or if the coach asks for your help – the greatest benefit comes from them working only with the coach. (less distractions, voices and instructions etc)
Trust us! We know what we’re doing.
Tell us if you notice any changes as a result of spending time at Horses Connect.
You could train to be a Therapeutic Horse-riding leader or side-walker (not for your own child) or if you have any DIY or other skills there are always little jobs to be done!